Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Can You Help

So I get asked all the time, how can I help you reach your goal to walk in the 3 day? The first answer (and the obvious one too) is a donation. Please understand that when I say no amount is too big or too small I mean that. I know not everyone has $100 to give (heck I don't), and I know for some people $1,000 is like $10. So please understand every dime helps. Also all donations are tax deductible. When you go to www.the3day.org it is so simple to donate. All you do is go to the donate tab and search my name (Nicole Hercules). Then you can pick one of their preset dollar amounts or write in your own. Any donation that is over $100 can be broken up into four payments, which I think is a great option. Within minutes you will get an email confirming your donation, and I will get one too :)
A second way you can help, support my fundraisers. In April (depending on weather) I will be hosting another garage sale. It was a HUGE success last year, and I am praying for the same results this year. So how do you help with that? As you are doing your spring cleaning think about donating those unwanted items to my sale. Nothing is priced and people just donate whatever they want for the item, so all you have to do is call me and I will swing by and pick up your goodies. In May I will be traveling to OKC for a Redhawks baseball game (May 14th) Please come to the game is you can. Tickets are $15 they are great seats (actual face value is $15) and you get a FREE hat. $5 from each ticket sold goes to my 3 Day account. All the info for the event can be found on Facebook (saving second base).
A third way you can help is to donate your time. I have plans to be canning in front of Wal-Mart again this year. I plan to do it once in June and then again in October. Last year my AMAZING sister in law and I did it by ourselves. We raised a ton of money, but could have raised more if we would have had all entrances covered. So a total of 12 people are needed. Six at each time and it would be in two hour shifts. It really is a lot of fun, and if you are extra lucky I'll even make you a tu tu :). We also have plans to stand in front of Bush Stadium before and after a game (it is legal in St. Louis) and collect donations there. I need four people to help with that and if you help I will even treat you to the ball game :).
A fourth way you can help is by telling others about the cause. The more people that know the more money I have a chance of raising. If everyone would just tell 10 people and ask them to donate $10 I could have my money raised in no time at all.
A Fifth and final way you can help is to pray for me. Walking 60 miles requires a lot of training and hard work. Walking 120 miles requires a lot of prayer :). I know that each one of you who reads this knows what the 3 day means to me. It is so much more than just 3 simple days. It is a life changing experience and as I become more involved in the community I see how much of a blessing it really is. Those three days last August changed my life forever, and I shall never forget them or the people that made it all happen.
So I hope this lengthy post has helped to sum up how you can help. Again, I am greatful, thankful, and touched beyond words at all of the support I have already received. I thank each one you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment