Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Am I a Solider?

Today I was at Wal Mart, was waiting in line, and in a pink ribbon T-shirt. The lady in front of me was bald. First thought of course is cancer, and going through chemo. She turns around, sees my shirt, and laughs. She then proceeds to say "Do you really think that pink ribbon makes a difference". I was taken aback by that. I told her I hope it did. She said, "So once a year you worry about those battling the disease.”. I told her no, and went on to explain how I walk in the 3 Day and how my mom lost her fight. She looked at me and told me "You are a Solider. You are fighting this war."

I have never thought about it that way, but if facts are right over 40,000 people this year alone will die from this disease. OVER 40,000. That number to me is unreal. So yes, I call it a war. Yes, I am proud to stand up and serve for people everywhere who feel like they have no voice, no choice, and no way to stop this cancer.

I am proud to say I believe there is HOPE. I am proud to say that until the day a cure is found I WILL ALWAYS FIGHT FOR IT. If that makes me a solider, great, because cancer has always been the enemy. Anyone want to join my army :)

No comments:

Post a Comment