Monday, April 11, 2011

Seven Years Ago Today

We still had hope. We had hope for a few more holidays and a few more months. Seven years ago today we celebrated the last holiday we ever would with my mom, Easter.
Brad, Riley, Emi, and I stayed in a hotel while mom was in the hospital. We awoke that morning to squeals of delight from Riley. The Easter bunny had come and left her a scooter in the bathtub. She couldn't wait to go show Grandma Mary.
We went to Mass in Edmond and after that went straight to the hospital. I am sure the nurses at Mercy were just "thrilled" when a 3 Year old came zipping down the hall on her Disney Princess scooter. We didn't care in the least bit because the moment my mom saw her she laughed so hard.
I remember walking in the room and my sisters little girl sitting on the bed blowing bubbles with Maw Maw, and just laughing so hard. By this point my mom’s skin was turning yellow, but we still had hope. Mom was scheduled to take a chemo in the morning. We all disagreed, but agreed with the fact that it was her fight. If she wanted chemo give her chemo.
So as I reflect back on this day seven years ago I can't help but smile. She loved all of us more than anything. Her desire to fight was unbelievable. She really did fight until the end. I miss her everyday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment